January 24, 2011

To Etsy or Not to Etsy...that is the question...

I have about 100 different interests in this world, and I have one year to explore as many as I possibly can.  I love to craft and make things that are unique and customized.  I am not out here to make a lot of money but rather put my name on something tangible. I want to provide happiness to others.

That being said, am I really prepared to open an Etsy shop? Or, could I just sell items on here and to others who hear about me?

I need some advice. And, Joe is too far away and can't talk very much.











So, what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Etsy, for sure!! You are too awesome not to! BUT - if you want to sell on here we need to talk! I asked Matt for an apron for Christmas since I spend about 4 hours a day cooking - I pictured a cute one like above, well you should come over and see what he got me! Needless to say, I'd buy an apron in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you put 5 or 6 things up on Etsy as one-off items (so you only sell what you already have made) and see what happens. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have to decide how busy do you want to be. Do you want to enjoy crafting for yourself and friends...or do you want to be under time constraints from strangers! I think people would definitely buy your stuff though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please create an Etsy store!! I love your stuff and would love to buy more from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.