January 22, 2011

Let me tell you what is not cool...

Letting your son punch my child in the face over and over again. And, why was he punching Porter? Because he was on the blowup horse with his friend. What the h*ll people. I had to pull Porter out of the bouncy house as the kid was pounding on him. And, the mother says, "Is that your daughter? Is that your daughter?" regarding Porter's friend. What the h*ll does she have to do with this?? I mumbled some obscenities, but I was more concerned about making sure that Peanut was ok (ie. not bleeding, bruised, etc). My friend (the mother of Porter's little friend) said a few choice words to her, but I couldn't hear that well.

The manager came over and apologized over and over again. I mean, really, what else is she going to say? 

Peanut is doing just fine but he did yell out "That kid was mean! He isn't getting any presents!!" Of course, that made me laugh, and it made him hold on to me even closer (which I silently adored).


So, morale of the story is this: If you see your child hitting, kicking, or punching another child, discipline your child. Don't blame someone else.  Take accountability.


Thank you.


 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. Way to prioritize what needed to happen (supporting Porter) instead of getting caught up in reaming out the mom. That's a good message for him, and it tells a lot about you, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.