March 14, 2011

Making an effort...

I am trying. I am trying to look presentable every day.  In this job, I never know who I am going to run into. It could be the Garrison Commander, a Survivor, or I might be asked to do a quick brief at an event. I always want to make sure that I am looking my best. This is a great challenge though. I want to look put together with coordinating clothing pieces, accessories, and shoes. The problem? I am cheap. I have a thing about not spending very much on clothes. I literally buy every single thing on sale! I am trying to learn to spend a little bit more on a piece and get something that will last a long time. So, here are a few of my outfits from the last week with explanations of how I didn't break the bank!


Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft $20.00 about three years ago
 Shoes: Purple Suede pumps $20 (very uncomfortable)
Belt: NY&Co $10- three years ago?
White shirt: Limited $12 about two years ago
Cardigan: Purple Mossimo from Target $13 four years ago
*I interchange these all the time with other pieces*


Pants: Grey NY&Co in petite and got them with one of those spend
$150 get $75 off (got a TON of stuff that day!)
Belt: NY & Co (see above)
Cardigan: Old Navy? $10
Dress shirt: Banana Republic Outlet $8
Shoes: Purple patent leather pumps-TJ Maxx $10

**Had to wear this to a memorial service**
Blazer: Ann Taylor Loft Outlet $39.99
Dress shirt: Limited $14.99
Pants: NY&Co (see above picture and description)
Shoes: who the heck knows


 **Favorite outfit of the month!**
Cardigan: NY&Co (had $30 in cash there so only had to spend $30 for everything else)
Shirt: NY&Co (see above)
Belt: Kohl's $12.00
Pants: Brown NY&Co (see picture two up)
Shoes: purple patent leather pumps
Necklace: NY&Co
Hair: part of it is mine and a couple were extensions (I fooled so many people today!)

**Babe-just FYI, I am not spending all of your money back here while you are deployed!!**

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you have your OWN money! And the last one is my favorite, too. That's the most "Robyn" outfit of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart, I am never worried about that! You look beautiful as always:) I miss being able to see you in person!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.