August 20, 2011

Woot, woot!

It has taken me 12 weeks, but I have finally hit my goal weight! I stepped on the scale today, and I weighed 109.8! When I first started, I was 118lbs so that is 8lbs! I am not sure if you can tell or not, but I can actually see around myself instead of my love handles getting in the way.  Oh sure, I still have them, but they are not as big.  I even found a stretch mark that I never knew that I had, because it was filled in with fat.

Even more exciting is that I can run 3.10 miles without stopping! That is huge for me.  I even hit my best time today at 30.05 mins (on the treadmill).  I may not be very fast, but I am really enjoying running.  My body craves it now, which I never thought would happen.  I sweat profusely which means that my heart rate is up.  I push through the pain, because I envision the end result: looking and feeling good when I see my husband (for the first time in 8 months) VERY soon.  I am even going shopping for a bikini tomorrow.  The last time that I wore a bikini was when I was 4 months pregnant with Porter-and that was almost 5 years ago.

I look forward to working out with Joe when he comes home for good and possibly entering into races with him.  Not for time but as something to do together.  For 15 years (this October!), I have watched Joe be the super stud at fitness, and I don't want to watch from the sidelines anymore.  We can spend quality time together working out, and at the same time, it will be really nice to have him there to watch Porter so that I can go take classes at the gym.

Now I need a new goal weight! But, I am focusing on toning things up and not just losing weight.  I don't want to look crazy toned but rather just like I don't eat sweets all day.

Oh! And, speaking on sweets, I have cut back on sugars for the last 9 weeks, and I am so proud to say that I am not addicted to sugar anymore! Sure, I still crave sweets, but I eat them in moderation and not 5 times a day. I like iced tea unsweetened now and not loaded with sugar.  I haven't had soda in 9 weeks.  I drink a TON of water, and when I want a treat at Starbucks, I order it sugar-free, fat-free. It tastes the same, and I don't have the guilt afterwards.  I have also started eating Skinny Cow ice cream, and I can't stand the taste of real ice cream now.  Too sugary and heavy.  I eat a lot more fruits, which I know are loaded with sugar, but they help my Crohn's.  And, I have not had a Crohn's flare-up in over 9 weeks! That is huge.  There truly is something to say about controlling a diet!

Woot, woot!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Can't wait to hear about your reunion!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.