January 23, 2011

Porter-fied...

For those of you who do not know, Porter has an obsession with his sock monkey, "Monkey". He cannot be away from it for more than an hour. It is his comfort, and with our ever changing life, it is what keeps him grounded. We go out, and everyone says "I love your monkey! I had one of those when I was younger!" Which, is fine and dandy but Porter does not like to talk to strangers. And, when those unsuspecting strangers try to touch "Monkey", Porter goes nuts! He yells at them to not touch "Monkey" which scares the living daylight out of them!

Oh, and while Porter loves and adores "Monkey", he also loves any other stuffed animal that has arms like his sock monkey. He will go up to it and take the arm, put it in his hand, and suck his thumb with the arm resting against his nose. You have to see it to really understand how cute it is!

Well, when Joe left, I ordered a Daddy Doll https://www.hugahero.com/ with Joe's picture in uniform.  Well, it came and, while it looked good, it needed something. Joe suggested that I make arms like "Monkey", and I knew that was exactly what I needed to do. I asked Joe if I could use one of his socks, which he more than happily agreed to, and I made the arms for Porter's Daddy Doll.  I am hoping that it will provide a dual comfort: Daddy's picture and the arms to cuddle up with,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.