January 3, 2011

Screw New Year's Resolutions...I am looking at Deployment Goals!!

With Joe packing up to head off to save the world-again-I have decided to pass over New Year's Resolutions in favor of Deployment Goals!! I have a lot to keep me busy duriung the year that Joe will be gone.  So, here they are. For all to see and keep me accountable!

1. Keep up with the blog
*I get very bored with doing the same thing over and over again so I am going to vary this up a lot. Watch out!

2. Run a 10K
*I can run a 5K now but I give up after that. Joe bought me a treadmill for some reason...I guess I better use it.

3. Finish outline for my book
*I am extremely superstitious so I cannot tell you about it! Let's just say that it is something that I have been wanting to do since I got "married to the military".

4. Lose 5 lbs and get toned
*I suppose this one would go hand in hand with #2. I also plan to dust off my dumbells, get Zumba for the Wii, oil up the jogging stroller (no, not for running...I am not that hard core. Walking), and start eating better. I am addicted to sugar so I might have to go to some Sugar Anonymous classes to get some help. Hi, my name is Robyn, and I am addicted to sugar.

5. Upload all 52,000 pictures to Winkflash and make photo books
*I am a picture hoarder, and I tend to keep them all on an external hard drive.  But, what good is that? How am I going to show off all of my memories to the strangers that come to my house?? And so, I have declared that I will free the pictures of the hard drive (well they will still be there) and get them out in the open! It just might take the whole year...or 50.

6. Work on Betty
*Get your mind out of the gutter! This is Betty:
 We are going be good friends! Or, at least I am hoping that we will be able to be. I really don't have much experience working with patterns so this is going to be a great learning experience.  But, there is truly something amazing about wearing something that you made! I have made one dress so far but I can barely breathe in it! It would have helped to have Betty who is now fixed with my exact measurements (well except for my rather busty bust and floppy derriere).  I might try to take a pattern sewing lesson if I can find one around here.

7. Set up savings goals
*Being that I am a Financial Counselor, I have to incorporate some sort of finances into my deployment goals! Here are just a few of them:

-Trip on my own
-R&R trip for 2 full weeks
-New camera, lens and flash
-Big glorious trip when Joe gets home!
-Baby fund for whenever we decide to have number 2
-Max out Roths
-Max out TSP

8. Get Etsy shop up and running
*Who knows if it will be successful, but I have to at least try. I don't even fully know what I want to sell in the shop, but I think that the following would be good:

-Aprons
-Capes
-Baby blankets
-Custom vinyl
-Toddler backpacks

What do you all think that I should sell?

9. Use my Cricut machine for more creative projects
*I have about 30ish cartridges with amazing fonts and shapes on them and yet they sit in a cool carrier. Laziness? Perhaps. Either way, I have to start using them or my husband won't let me buy any more. And, that is just not cool.

10. Relax
*Ha. Read, #1-9 above.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I have total faith in you!! And girl, no need to ixnay on the sugar.. it's a food group no??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals girl. I think we might be sisters, or since I am probably twice your age, my I am more like an aunt. I just don't like to run, but will walk forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we are the same person! These are all my goals for 2011, hehe! Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, I swear to God I don't know why we weren't better friends when we lived near each other! You are like my goal soul mate! If you need and encouraging word over the next year, hit me up! You are amazing woman, get it done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.