February 22, 2011

Time to get away...

I realized that I have been in a funk lately. With two weeks filled with negativity and sickness, I woke up and said, "It is time to get away from this crap." Where else to escape then to the home of one of your best friends?

I first met Shelly almost 7 years ago when our husbands were in the same class together. We had both recently gotten married and moved from the East Coast to Oklahoma. We lived in apartment complexes across from each other and would often take our little babies (a pug and a dachshund) across the street to the park.  They would run around and around and Shelly and I would talk.

While I am loud and never meet a stranger, Shelly is quiet and reserved. But, she has a heart of gold. She listens to my complaints and can follow my constant change of topics.  She shares my love for blogging, crafting, and the Army life. We lost touch for a couple of years but quickly picked right up where we left off with the birth of Porter. She was pregnant with her oldest, Ryan, and the boys are about 5 months apart.

While we moved from Fort Hood to Oklahoma and then to Fort Knox, she moved to Fort Campbell which is about two and a half hours away. When we got word that we would be at Fort Knox, I called her immediately to tell her how excited I was that we would be so close! 

This past weekend, Porter and I drove out to visit Shelly and the boys. Both of our husband are on their third deployment so I thought that eating out, shopping, and visiting would be the best medicine to the deployment funk. What a wonderful time! I came home feeling refreshed and more whole. Everyone needs to take some time to get away! Thanks Shelly!





2 comments:

  1. Shelly sounds like a great friend! And she has cute kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww....You are too sweet. What you wrote was brining tears to my eyes until I saw the photos and then I had to start cracking up! They are so stinkin' cute!!!!

    We had an awesome time with you guys visiting. Ryan said he needed to go find Porter last night while brushing his teeth.

    I'm looking forward to getting to visit you and see your stomping ground this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.