February 6, 2011

R&R Ideas...anyone?

Yes, it is extremely far away...but I am a planner. We know that we want to go to Hawaii as Joe has been wanting to go there for a long time. We were going to meet there as the military will pay to fly the soldier anywhere, on their dime, but I thought about it, and I wanted the real R&R experience:

**Meeting at the airport with tacky, homemade signs and balloons with someone being given the videocamera and someone else taking pictures and seeing him walk out of the terminal and running and giving him the biggest hug and kiss. And, with tears streaming down your face, you say over and over again "I love you" and "I missed you so much!" as everyone stops and stares but you don't see anyone but him.**

Yeah, I want that.


I also want him to be able to see where Porter goes to school (since he will probably be in pre-school at that time) and to be able to pack his own clothes (ok...I will have bought him a whole new wardrobe but he will have to put it in the suitcase!).


I also want a night alone with him. We have plans people. We are thinking about trying for a R&R baby. Totally a one in a million (or whatever statistic) chance but we will take it. And, I know that I can get a babysitter here to help us out with that.


Added on to that, I will be working and cannot just fly to Hawaii and sit around and wait for him to show up -dates are never concrete for leave- and then have to fly back home and leave him there, because I can't take any more time off!


And so, we will be shelling out an additional $900-1000 for Joe to come to KY and instead of meeting us in Hawaii.


My challenge to the two people who read this is to please help us plan this trip! I have asked my dear friend Cynthia who LIVES in Hawaii to help me, but I also want other viewpoints.


Please keep in mind that I am:


a. cheap
b. crazy, insane about clean hotel rooms
c. we will be brining Porter
d. we want to be by water and not have to drive far (would rather walk)
e. will have a military discount


Ok...ready, set, GO!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I have some really great ideas for you. I am not that great with vacation ideas... we've actually never been on what I would call a vacation. We did go visit Stoney and Ali when they were in Kentucky, isn't that where ya'll are? We took Selah to the creation museum and it was awesome. We spent the whole day, picnic and all and actually learned a lot. I will probably never be in your position, but if I were I would just want to do lots of fun things as a family that everyone can carry the memories until Joe comes home for good... Then go on a great vacation to anywhere you want!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.