December 27, 2010

A little piece of California right here in Kentucky


I have developed an obsession. To sushi. Specifically, California rolls. I still have not been able to get over the thought of eating raw meat so I will stick with my imitation crab meat, thank you very much.

My sister, Megan, convinced me to try making it myself. After researching it for a few weeks (I am a research nerd), I decided to put the supplies on my Christmas list. And, my husband, Joe, being the awesome person that he is, bought me everything to get started!

I was scared to do the rice as I have never made rice outside of the microwave. I read the directions at least five times and jumped in:





Fantastic! Of course, I am not showing you the completely messed up first roll that I did! Even Joe cringed at it. But, after four rolls, I have become a pro at rolling sushi!

For future reference, this is a great video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeSdErIP0kY

Try it yourself!!

3 comments:

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.