April 6, 2011

Spinning like a top....

That is how I am feeling. I just forced myself to sit down on the couch and watch a show. For the first time in over three weeks. I had to allow myself to relax. It will only be for 20 more minutes, but I am trying. 

I feel that I have been filling my day with tons of activities so that I don't have to think about Joe being gone. If I do, I feel like I am going to break down. And, yes, I know that it is healthy to do that. I get it. But, I don't want to. I want to stay busy and force the days to go by. And yet, I also realize that I am forcing Porter to grow up. I am wishing this year away and, in doing so, I feel like I am wishing away Porter's 4th year of life. It hurts.

This is how a typical day goes:

5:50- wake up
6:40- get Porter up and fight with him about getting dressed
7:15- drop Porter off
7:30- start work
4:15- pick Porter up (or leave him at school if I have to teach that night and pick him up at 8:30pm)
4:30- get home and feed Porter quickly
5:30- head to some event
**I am able to stay at home twice a week usually and then this is playtime**
7:30- get Porter ready for bed
8:00-8:30- put Porter to bed (book, songs, hugs, and "Mommy, will you lie down with me for a couple minutes?"
8:30-11:45- PeanutStitches business; get ready for the next day; clean, etc.
11:45-12:00- get ready for bed and lights out

Where is free time? Where is there time to relax? No wonder I feel like I am running on E.

But the good part? We are 3 months down!!

1 comment:

  1. Whew!!!! That exhausts me just reading it! Hope you get some down-time on your weekends!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make blogging worthwhile, so please don't be shy! I read every comment and will do my best to respond to your questions. If you need to reach me sooner, please email me at peanut.stitches@gmail.com.